Translate

Tuesday 25 October 2016

The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2



THE REVELATION TO  ST. JOHN 

CHAPTER 

2



¹. "To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands: ². "I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance. I know that you cannot tolerate evildoers; you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them to be false.




(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verses 1 to 2)




Oh God my Father You know me more than I know myself. You know the strengths that You have given me and also my weaknesses. You know how much I can endure and even the situations that make me weak and prone to sin, therefore You love me so much that You do not permit me to endure more than my capacity, however with You by my side I can overcome even the normal threshold of my weaknesses and strengths Amen.



³. I also know that you are enduring patiently and bearing up for the sake of my name, and that you have not grown weary.




(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 3)





Oh God my Father You know how much I love You and You know how much I would like to help others. Please help me to overcome the barriers of inoculation in relation to my new job, so that I will not be terminated unfairly Amen.



⁴ But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.


(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 4)



Oh God my Father this is an experience that we may all experience if we do not sustain on a daily basis a relationship with You. On the other hand You always call me to have fellowship with You, but if I do not make time to be with You, it will all be in vain. In the beginning of our conversion we might feel very eager to pray and confess our sins and also fervently follow Your ways, however in time when You reveal to us our real intentions and aims for following You, that might not always be according to Your will we might start feeling discouraged and become lax, for Your plan of love for our salvation may not match with our agenda. Following You means a commitment, a change of lifestyle from that of our old lifestyle to a new one based on a relationship with You and all that has to do with You. I pray for all so that we may not become lax and discouraged, for the evil one on seeing us in such a state will continue to tempt us in order to make us feel more depressed and discouraged so that we may not continue to place our trust in You Amen.



⁵ Remember then from what you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. 



(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 5)




Oh God I pray that we do not return back to our old ways, but look forward to the new ways by renouncing that which had enslaved us in the past and live as free people with the dignity of sons and daughters of God Amen.



⁶ Yet this is to your credit: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.  Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches. To everyone who conquers, I will give permission to eat from the tree of life that is in the paradise of God.




(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 6 to 7)



Oh God my Father may I like all that You like and dislike and abhor all that is not approved of by You. Above all I pray that I will have a negative attitude to all that is sinful in myself so that I will refrain from committing sinful acts against others and even against You Amen.



⁸ "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of the first and the last, who was dead and came to life:



(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 8)



Oh God my Father You have a message for each and every one of us. Your words are the words of life and not of death. They are like life-giving water that encourages to move on in life, Amen.



⁹ " I know your affliction and your poverty, even though you are rich. I know the slander on the part of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.


(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 9)




Oh God my Father You are aware of our reality, both the material and the spiritual. Although we may be materially well we may be spiritually poor. However, even though we are under the poverty line with God He is always ready to help us. From our side, we would need to accept the fact that we are sinners and confess our sins with a strong determination that we want to start fresh with You my, God and Father Amen. You send nobody away but welcomes us with outstretched arms.



¹⁰ Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Beware, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison so that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have affliction. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.



(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 10)



Oh God my Father I am also foreseeing times of trouble and tribulation. As You are aware the change in leadership has empowered others in my circle and disadvantaged me. Moreover every day I realise that I am despised by some and respected by others. I come to You my beloved God and Father for support love and care. I pray for Your blessing during such times, for You are my protector and avenger and it is only in You that I find refuge Amen.



¹¹ Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches. Whoever conquers will not be harmed by the second death.


(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 11)



Oh God my Father, to listen, means to stop and spend time with You, and not to be alienated by our daily routine. To listen, means to be in silence meaning cell phones and internet switched off so that we have no external disturbance. To listen, means to listen to what You say to our minds and hearts and act upon, what You pass on to us. May we all take off our headphones and put on 'God phones' Amen. 



¹² "And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write; These are the words of him who has the sharp two-edged sword;  ¹³ " I know where you are living, where Satan's throne is, Yet you are holding fast to my name, and you did not deny your faith in me even in the days of Antipas my witness, my faithful one who was killed among you, where Satan lives.



(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verses 12 to 13)



Oh God my Father even though I am living in Satan's home, You have given me the strength to endure the many acts of persecution that I am experiencing in my own home, by my own family. I sill believe in You, although it is not fair that I keep on living in such conditions. You did not create me to live such a life of stress and emotional pain. I wish oh God that You personally give me the command to move on as my heart is telling me to do. As You spoke to me before, I am waiting on You today. I beg that You do not remain silent in my situation Amen.



I pray oh God that You deliver me from this situation Amen.



¹⁴ But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the people of Israel, so that they would eat food sacrificed to idols and practice fornication. 



(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 14)



Oh God my Father if You ever had to hold my sins against me, I would never stand a chance, for they are many, even though I confess my sins, I stumble again on the same issue, and this issue as You know has an impact on the whole family especially when I become angry. I pray that I be a ladder from earth to heaven for others by which others seek Your Salvation and not be a stumbling block for them.


 ¹⁵ So you also have some who hold to the teachings of the Nicolaitans. ¹⁶ Repent then. If not, I will come to you soon and make war against them with the sword of my mouth.



(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 15 and 16)



Oh God my Father some of us have become atheists or followers of different religions, however it is our duty as believers to try and bring them back, not with force or persuasion, but by living the messages found in the Good News, as in the Bible. I believe oh God my Father, that if You use us to set a good example for others they will turn back and continue to follow You.



¹⁷ Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches. To everyone who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give a white stone, and on the white stone is written a new name that no one knows except the one who receives it. 


(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 17) 



Oh God my beloved Father, a new name reflects a new identity, the death of the old self that is the seed of the flesh and the birth of the new person who is born in the Spirit. This is why I would need a new identity because the old one is now no more. You are now my God and Father, You have given me a new name and identity, I pray that we continue to grow in this new Father and son relationship Amen. I thank You my Father for this new identity. 



¹⁸ "And to the angel of the church in Thyatra write: These are the words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze: ¹⁹ " I know your works your love, faith, service and patient endurance. I know that your last works are greater than the first. 
 


(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 18 to 19)  



Oh God my beloved Father, many times we underestimate You and Your power. We are always given the impression of a loving and caring God, however there is also the other side of You. The powerful side that is always in combat with the forces of evil that are in constant strife against the forces of goodness that are in Your presence. I thank You for both of Your natures my God and Father Amen. 



²⁰ But I have this against you; you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet and is teaching my servants to practice fornication and to eat food sacrificed to idols. ²¹ I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her fornications.



(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verse 20 to 21) 



Oh God my beloved Father, You love us so much that again and again You give us time to repent from our sins and turn back to You. I pray that I be humble enough to accept Your offer from Your hand and never turn back to my old ways Amen.



²² Beware, I am throwing her on a bed, and those who commit adultery with her I am throwing into great distress, unless they repent of her doings; ²³ and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts, and I will give to each of you as your works deserve.




(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verses 22 to 23)



Oh God my beloved Father You love us so much that You do anything to strengthen our faith, even weaken super powers that have dominated the world. I am convinced of Your love and Your power my God and Father and I will humbly accept correction as happened yesterday to which I admitted my error and took immediate measures to correct it. Amen.



²⁴ But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call 'the deep things of Satan', to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden; ²⁵ only hold fast to what you have until I come.





(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verses 24 to 25)




Oh God my Father, I pray that You keep me on stable ground. Even though You gave me the opportunity of taking and eating from the 'Tree of knowledge' as a university student, however this knowledge did not corrupt my heart or my spirit Amen. Thank You Jesus. Amen.






²⁶ To everyone who conquers and continues to do my works to the end, I will give authority over the nations; ²⁷ to rule them with an iron rod, as when clay pots are shattered ²⁸ even as I also received authority from my Father. To the one who conquers I will also give the morning star. ²⁹ Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches.




(The Revelation to St. John Chapter 2 verses 26 to 28)




Oh God my beloved Father, our greatest war is against our own sinful self, our brain, over which You have given us authority to command and subdue to our control as is subject to the control and authority of You my God and Father, so that You will be forever the God of all and the God in all Amen.





Oh God my Father, I would like to end the second chapter of the book of Revelations given to St John with the following prayer:-



Oh God my beloved Father, You know me much more than I can ever know myself. You know what encourages me and You also know what disappoints me and makes me sad. I pray that You help me in overcoming my self, that all my being will be totally subjected to You and your will Amen






 



 
























No comments:

Post a Comment